Angel Threads is Calvary's clothing ministry. We serve individuals, families & organizations in need of gently used clothing. All donations should be clean and in good condition. If you have an eye for fashion, enjoy sorting and organizing, and/or enjoy building relationships with shoppers, then this ministry is for you!
Be a Donor: Drop gently used, fashionable clothing, shoes, & accessories in the marked box by Calvary's main entrance.
Join the Bin TEAM! This team transports donations to the AT storage area and returns the empty bins to their spot near the main entrance: Sundays after 11:00 service.
Sorting Days: Join us the first Sunday of each month from 12:30–2:30pm (Lobby outside the Prayer Chapel) to go through the months donations, sorting by size and quality.
Become a Personal Shopper Assistant: Help individuals "shop" for needed items.
Attend Distribution Days: Distribute clothing to one of our ministry partners & their guests. The day of the week, location & times vary. See the schedule below:
- July 16– Distribution: Tuesday Fresh Market @ Calvary in room 1100; arrive at 11:15 a.m.
- Aug 24 – Distribution: Church in the Park; load vans @ 9:15 a.m.; drive to Oxnard
- Sept 17 – Distribution: RAIN project; Meet @ Calvary @ 6:15 p.m. to load up cars
- Oct 15 – Distribution: Tuesday Dinner @ Calvary in room 1100; arrive @ 6:15 p.m.
- Nov 23 – Distribution: Church in the Park; load vans @ 9:15 a.m.; drive to Oxnard
- Dec 8 – Distribution (Star of Wonder Evening): Foster Families @ Calvary on outdoor lawn. Approx. 2:00 – 5 p.m.