Celebrating Spotlight's 10th Anniversary year, as well as the 2nd year of our Creative Arts Academy!
SPOTLIGHT SUMMER CAMP 2017~
Spotlight is now registering for our Summer Camp, which will be the week of July 24 - July 28, from 9am - 12pm 9am - 2pm on Friday), for students in 2nd through 12th grade in fall 2017.
We are excited to offer specialized tracks such as:
- Performing Arts Track for students in 2nd - 5th grades- Come learn how to put singing, dancing and acting together in fun musical theater numbers. This track will teach younger students how to combine all the aspects of musical theatre ending in a fun performance at the end of the week!
Students in 6th grade and up (in fall 2017) can choose from the following tracks:
- Performing Arts Track- Learn to be a Triple Threat! This track for 6th-12th graders will further challenge students and grow their skills in the three performance areas required of musical theatre performers- singing, dancing, and acting!
- Acting/Improv- Lights, Camera, Action! This ACTING TRACK helps you create life on stage and on camera. Come expand your understanding of acting in playful, encouraging and collaborative ways. You will explore characterization, motivation and transition through the use of the written script, stand up comedy, improvisation and FUN games.
- Music/Band- This track is designed to help you take your talent with an instrument and use it as part of a band. Learn from Calvary's amazing staff musicians, the intricacies of being part of a group of musicians all working together to produce something amazing!
- Songwriting- Learn how to create a song that is accessible and also an artistic expression of your idea using simple songwriting techniques. Experience the connection we have through music to the listener as you present your song at the end of camp.
- Photography- Photography is a way to capture God's creation so that one can stop and see the world as He has created it. In the moments we capture with our cameras, we can tell the story of who God is from a personal perspective. We’ll seek out photographic subjects that speak to us. We’ll learn about framing a subject, using lighting creatively and effectively, focus and how to use the camera as a tool to tell a story or create emotion. Join us as we go on a storytelling journey through photo!
- Technical Track- Productions DEPEND on the tech team. Come learn about the different technical areas that support a live production, film/video shoot or church service. Tech elements include sound, lighting, video and stage. Here’s a sample of what you’ll learn: SOUND – microphones, playback; LIGHTING – designing a look, focusing lights; VIDEO/FILM – running a camera, switching; STAGE – designing/building sets, stage crew and management. If you want to be a part of the excitement of theater, film and live events – but you’re not interested in being IN FRONT (on stage or on camera) then this track is for you! Learn what it’s like to work behind the scenes and be the backbone of a production.
All tracks will be led by professionals in their specific arts industry!
For additional information/registration visit our WEBSITE or CLICK HERE to register your student.
**PLEASE NOTE- We order camp tee shirts early to have them in time for camp. All students registered by SUNDAY, JULY 9TH will be guaranteed a tee shirt. Students registered after July 9th will receive tee shirts as available, until we run out. Registration will close on MONDAY, JULY 17TH to allow us time to prepare for camp. We will not be able to accommodate walk up registrations.
We hope to see you all this Summer!
THANK YOU to all who joined us for Peter Pan, Jr. the weekend of May 5th - 7th!
Wendy Darling loves to tell stories to her brothers, Michael and John. But when her father announces she must move out of the nursery, Peter Pan comes to visit the children and whisks them away to Neverland. Their journey introduces them to the Lost Boys, Mermaids, Indians and even the infamous pirate, Captain Hook! It’s Peter to the rescue when Wendy is taken captive by the dreaded captain, who has his own sinister plans in mind for our hero.
If your school would be interested in attending a FREE school performance on Friday, May 4th, 2018, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Each year we have over 2000 local school students attend this show, and we fill up, so get your request in ASAP!
A great big thank you to all involved with our Christmas production, Down to Earth 3: The Final Rescue. The musical/service can be seen HERE. What a fantastic gift and blessing it was to all who were there! If you weren't able to participate with us for Christmas, we missed you!
FALL 2017- JOIN SPOTLIGHT CREATIVE ARTS ACADEMY
- Spotlight launched our Creative Arts Academy in the fall of 2015 with enthusiastic response and has consistently filled classes since. Academy classes offer students the opportunity to grow and develop their skills, while working with industry professionals with impressive experience! Students in 2nd – 12th grades may sign up annually to join Spotlight Academy which entitles them to the following benefits:
- Academy Classes- 2 sessions (Fall and Spring) on Thursday evenings, Classes such as Guitar, Musical Theatre Skills, Vocal Intensive, On-Camera Acting and Improv. These classes are designed to continually develop your skills, so even if you have taken these classes before, you are encouraged to keep taking them as they include new material to continue to grow.
- Discounted registration for Christmas production session (if registered in the fall)
- Free registration for our Audition Workshop
- Priority for our Spring Production audition time slots (audition time slots do fill up each year, last spring we had about 40 students on a waiting list for an audition time)
- Discounted registration for spring production
- Priority invites to participate in additional acting (stage, video, film), singing and worship opportunities that come up throughout the year.
Classes are small groups and focused training for developing students’ personal technique and skills. Look for registration information late Summer/early Fall. CLICK HERE to be added to our Spotlight Interest List to receive email updates.
Questions, email email@example.com.